Welcome to the first installment of Nobody Would Care’s Jeez Rankings!
1. Ron Artest/Metta World Peace – A few weeks ago, after a thunderous dunk against the Thunder, coincidentally, Ron started celebrating so ferociously that he couldn’t control himself, delivering one of the most vicious elbows we’ve seen in NBA in years. Oddly enough, as the Lakers were set to take on the Thunder in Round 2 of the NBA playoffs. When asked if he’d apologize and shake Harden’s hand before the game, he responded by saying “I never shake hands with guys that don’t start.” Enough of this guy. No need to even discuss his past transgressions during the Detroit melee (plenty of blame to go in around in that one), or admittedly drinking at halftime of games, Artest still might be the dumbest athlete we’ve seen in a long time. I would love to see this guy just go away, and I’m sure many NBA fans agree. (Jeez Level: 9)
2. Patrick Kane – Compromising photos of athletes leaked to the Internet? Sure, seen plenty of those. Photos of inebriated hockey players who’ve had one too many Molsons? Even more common. But photos of an athlete getting drunk while wearing a t-shirt with himself on the back? Might be time for Kane to flag down a cab heading towards a new PR firm. (Jeez Level: 7)
3. Cole Hamels - Hamels, via the Washington Post, on plunking Nationals’ rookie sensation Bryce Harper.
“I was trying to hit him,” Hamels said. “I’m not going to deny it. That’s just — you know what, it’s something that I grew up watching, that’s what happened, so I’m just trying to continue the old baseball — I think some people kind of get away from it
Cole Hamels, torch-bearer of old school baseball. (Jeez Level: 5)
4. Battleship – To quote Keith Law’s twitter account (@keithlaw), this movie looks B-7 kinds of terrible. Someone wake me up when the Guess Who film comes out. We’re disappointed in you, Tim Riggins. (Jeez Level: 4)
5. Ricky Williams -Ricky Williams doesn’t think there’s a link between concussions and brain damage. Wait, Ricky Williams works for the NFL now? (Jeez Level: 2)
- NWC Staff